April 3, 2010

Day Five

Today was a much better day. I started the day off right- with breakfast! I ate sun-butter on toast with honey. I think I eat less sugar when I am only eating locally grown; the sun-butter and honey tasted very sweet. It was good though and I had enough energy to last until lunch.

For lunch I ate a summer sausage, sprouts, cheese, and butter sandwich, yogurt with granola, Honest Tea, and fruit leather. This diet seems a little repeptitive, but I think if you were to stick with it for more than a week you would be able to buy more variety. Today I planned ahead for dinner and ate a burger and salad with milk. After work I had a root beer float! It was very exciting and very tasty.

I am finally fully comfortable eating locally. Yesterday was very discouraging, but I got over the worst part of the week and now I am sad to think I only have two more days! Today it seemed completely natural to eat only locally grown food.

I did not have any huge epiphanies about eating locally grown food today, simply that it is comfortable now, planning ahead makes for a much happier day, and eating locally grown food can be done.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that though it was very different to eat locally at first that already it is becoming more natural. And, you are still in the first week. I wonder, though, if you were do to this for an entire winter of limited variety how you might feel at the end of that?

    ReplyDelete